12 Days of Giving 2020
Starting on #GivingTuesday, December 1st, Good Sam is launching its 12 Days of Giving – GSC style! Below you’ll find 12 ways you can give back this holiday season.
- Day 1, Dec. 1st – Participate in #GivingTuesday. You can easily donate here. We also take snail mail donations at P.O. Box 4955 Jackson, MS 39202.
- Day 2, Dec. 2nd – Conduct a toy, food, or warm winter clothing drive. It’s getting cold outside and our clothing closet has become very busy handing out coats, sweaters, long underwear, etc. We need your assistance to make sure folks stay warm this winter! Your donated coat, or other winter items will be a real treasure to someone, we promise!
- Day 3, Dec. 3rd – Give a NUTS (Neat Used Things for Sale) gift certificate as a Christmas present. NUTS is a resale store that fundraises for Good Sam. It’s located at 114 Millsaps Avenue, behind the warehouse.
- Day 4, Dec. 4th – Provide a meal to a hungry family. In December, Good Samaritan will distribute meals to struggling families. You can make a huge difference by purchasing a ham or turkey, or some extra canned goods the next time you head to the grocery store. Or if you prefer, you can make an online donation and we’ll do the shopping for you!
- Day 5, Dec. 5th – Adopt a child or senior. We give you the wish list and clothing sizes and you go shopping. You can make a child very happy and some hardworking parents very thankful! We have a number of struggling families that have yet to be shopped for, as well as some of our senior friends who could use a little Christmas happy.
- Day 6, Dec. 6th – Shop resale! Go NUTS!
- Day 7, Dec. 7th – Donate your things. In preparation for Santa’s arrival, donate all those toys your children are no longer playing with.We can find them a great new home! Donation hours are Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. And remember that donations are tax deductible!
- Day 8, Dec. 8th – Send your friends the perfect gift. Make a donation in someone’s honor. Wanting to celebrate a loved one this Christmas? Make a donation in their honor. We’ll send a lovely card acknowledging your Christmas gift. They make great stocking stuffers for the family of a lost loved one! It is tax deductible, and of course, you will be helping a great cause.
- Day 9, Dec. 9th – Have your New Year’s resolution be to donate ~monthly~ in 2021. You can now have your donation automatically made to Good Sam each month without having to write a check. Visit our website for more information.
- Day 10, Dec. 10th – Talk to your church about joining the Good Sam church partnership. 40 years ago, Good Samaritan was created when 7 churches came together in a collaborative effort to help families in crisis situations. Since that time, Good Sam has continued to help churches handle emergency requests. Our case management team and social service programs can help your church staff make a real big difference with its mission dollars.
- Day 11, Dec. 11th – Make a New Year’s resolution to volunteer in 2021. Charities need all kinds of help throughout the year; our organization is no exception. with limited staff and financial resources, Good Sam depends on individuals and groups to assist us in helping the many families we serve. Good Sam has lots of volunteer opportunities for YOU! Never doubt that YOU can make a difference!
- Day 12, Dec. 12th – Make a financial donation! As you think about Christmas giving and possible year end contributions, consider making a big difference by donating to Good Samaritan. All donations are tax deductible and you can give to an organization that believes that being a good steward of your donations is of the utmost importance!
If you have any questions on how to give, please call (601) 355-6276